Then I cut the insides of each part of the chimney so that they will fit accordingly. You can probably skip this part and just adjust the size of the "front" and " back" to get it right. I came up with this when I used textured foamboard for chimneys for another project, and then the corners would end up ugly if you didn't cut them like this! Yes, I have some problems doing things in new ways.
Then I glue them together with PVA glue. Other glues may be better, but one good thing with the PVA is that you can fix them along the way (repositioning the parts). I try to make them in turns as they need to dry a bit before you put the next part in place. It's perfect to do several at once when you are up to grabs with these little bastards!
To get your houses to look real it is, in my opinion, very important that they have chimneys. As these are quite fiddly to build, many just skip them. I have promised myself to not do this again. Here is how I did it for my Stalino residential buildings.
First, align foamboard to your roof to get the right angle. Then pencil out the "sides" of the chimney, plus front and back. I made the first one a little to big, and then adjusted for that in my second pair of chimneys. As there are two apartments in each house I need four in total.
Foamboard is such a simple material to work with so I trimmed the chimneys a bit at the corners, then I glued them on the roofs! Here is the result:
WW2 Campaign Blog
This blog follows the second Chain of Command club campaign, set in the intense fighting over Stalino in October 1941.